Friday, September 21, 2012

Learning and Leading


The four dimensions J.P. Guilford used to describe creativity are fluency, flexibility, originality, and elaboration.  Of these four, I struggle the most with originality. Very rarely can I create something unique or unexpected.  I’m not the kind of person to think outside the box, and generally do things by the book. I struggle with assignments where I have to be inventive. From what we’ve used in class so far, I think Google Docs are a great way to inspire creativity. Many people can add ideas, which encourages fluency. Seeing other people’s ideas can inspire flexibility and make it easy to elaborate. Dabbleboard is another tool that is great to inspire creativity for the same reasons. With dabbleboard, you can even draw pictures or graphs to add to the idea. It also allows you to use previous drawings and collaborate.

No comments:

Post a Comment